Sunday, August 16, 2009

Still Around

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been enjoying the summer with the kids.

Yes, I have 2 months as of August 8th. I am so grateful!

My marriage is good, actually better than it's been in many months.

Ally has been working all summer, she's managed to put almost $1,000 in her savings account. She's proven herself such a good worker that they have asked her to stay on when school starts.

Trevor is returning to public school. We can't pay the tuition any longer. Our financial future is extremely uncertain and after much thought we decided that we had no other choice. Trevor is ecstatic. The private school is giving us a little trouble, stating that we signed a contract, blah blah blah. We did sign a contract but nowhere in it does it state that the contract will be held if you remove your child before the school year begins. I start worrying every so often but I realize that God is in control and that all will ok.

Abby has spent the entire summer reading the Twilight series, she's now on her 2nd time through. She starts field hockey soon. Dance starts in September but she's dropping toe which means less money and less time.

As for me, I'm still working on getting healthy. I have tried a trial gluten free diet and then reintroduced gluten and I am returning to gluten free because I feel so much better.

Life is good.

7 comments:

Wait. What? said...

Glad the gluten free is working and congrats on finding a nice balance this summer.

Good to see you posting again.

steveroni said...

Sure glad to hear from you tyra, and to hear all the "good" stuff, too.
Peace.

Come back?

dAAve said...

Glad you're still sober and thanks for the update.

Shadow said...

good to hear that life is good for you, dear tyra! and congratulations on a wonderful 2 months!!!!!

Unknown said...

Tyra I miss your blog so much but am so glad to hear that life is well and it's all in your HP's hands...

Glad you are feeling well and doing well, enjoy the summer...
G

clean and crazy said...

you sound good and healthy, always being aware of the food we put in our bodies is healthy, and my "A" has read those darn books several times over that now she is checking for grammar mistakes.

Bunny said...

Great to hear how you are doing. Thanks for updating. Its been awhile since I posted too and I am checking in on my favorite sober blogs today.

Bunny