Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking Back

2008 has been quite a year.

I started the year off having just buried my father.

2 weeks later Ally's best friend's mother died. KC was staying with us and I was with KC when she found out her mom had passed. Vicky's death impacted me more then I ever could have imagined.

I got a puppy-my Mack.

My drinking progressed. I was depressed, full of anxiety, miserable.

I joined AA and got sober.

My baby turned 10.

I turned 36.

I wondered if my marriage was going to survive.

I missed my parents.

I found out I had fibromyalgia.

I had my first holiday season without my parents.

And here I am, getting ready to put an end to this year and start the new one. It hasn't been an easy year but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I wouldn't change one single thing because if I changed it, I might not have what I have now.

What was the biggest thing for you this year?

8 comments:

molly said...

i'm so glad you are in soberblogland :) happy new year!!!

clean and crazy said...

Wow this was my first Christmas with out my mom too. My most memorable moments from this year, the thing I thing that is having the most impact is learning to blog and reading up on everyones thoughts, thanks for getting clean and blogging about it, this makes the journey of recovery so much fun

Unknown said...

What a year indeed! I just am so glad that you are a part of the blogosphere and I hope that for 2009 you have much love and know that it just keeps getting better and it does...truly!!!

Much love to you!
G

DM said...

Wow, good question. I graduated college at the age of 31.

Shadow said...

the past shapes us to be who we are today. why change it... wishing you lots of smooth sailing in 2009.

J-Online said...

Stopping by to wish you a safe, healthy, happy, and sober 2009. I'm so blessed to have met you this past year. Much Love, Jenn

PS- You have accomplished a lot and have come so far. You should be very proud of yourself!

Leon1234 said...

Yea, crazy year. Crazy year..

Lou said...

Onward to better times!